PLEASE NOTE: The documents on this website are in black ink on white paper. For those with dyslexia or visual processing difficulties, it is advised to print the documents on recycled paper, to minimise glare, or on paper in a colour that you find easy to read. You can also change the background colour on .pdf and Word documents to make them more accessible.
THE WAY FORWARD
- that all medical and education professionals schools
should know about APD, be able to recognise the symptoms, and signpost
appropriately to full testing;
- that the amount of NHS testing centres across the UK that provide full testing (not just screening) is increased substantially to allow ease of access to all who need it, and that is provided within a reasonable distance;
- that all education establishments and workplaces provide the support that each child and adult
with APD needs and is entitled to receive.
A P D
HOW YOU CAN HELP
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE
DOCUMENTS TO SHARE
APD SUPPORT UK PRESS RELEASE
APD Press release.pdf
Size : 63.815 Kb
Type : pdf
NEW APD SUPPORT UK FACTSHEET
- request more local testing to the standard used by the recommended full APD testing centres;
- complain if you, or your child has been refused a referral for APD testing;
- complain if you, or your child has been refused reasonable adjustments or support in education, or at work.
APD TESTING PROVISION TEMPLATE 2022
template is for you to adapt and send to your local Clinical Commissioning Group/CCG
(England) or Local Health Board/NHS Trust (Wales) which decides on the health
service provision in your area.
You can also send it separately to the CEO of
your nearest hospital that provides hearing services/ENT/audiology, also to
your, MP, GP, local Council Leader/Councillor, audiologist etc.
Please see the links opposite to find the email address
for your local CGGs or LHB/NHS Trust your MP (and your Welsh
Assembly/Senedd Member if you live in Wales).
APD TESTING PROVISION TEMPLATE 2022.docx
Size : 31.746 Kb
Type : docx
WHERE TO SEND
Commissioning Groups/CCGs in England:https://www.england.nhs.uk/ccg-details/
Local Health Boards/NHS Trusts in Wales: https://tinyurl.com/2p8r68ph
Search for your MP’s parliamentary
Search for your Welsh Assembly/Senedd Member’s email address: https://senedd.wales/find-a-member-of-the-senedd/